2 cloves of fresh garlic
¼ cup of pine nuts or walnuts
one bag of spinach
handful of fresh basil leaves
½ cup of parmesan cheese, divided in half
fresh lemon to taste
black pepper to taste
¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil
one box of rotini pasta – cook al dente – pesto adheres better with grooved pasta
Refrigerator Ingredients: Add to mixture whatever current ingredients on hand – grilled chicken, steak or fish, sundried tomatoes, cucumbers, etc.
In a food processor, combine garlic, nuts, spinach, basil and a half of cheese. Begin mixing and add half of oil. Add pepper, lemon as processing. Add remaining oil. Add to hot pasta and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Seal tight and this can keep up to 5 days refrigerated.
- julienne sliced carrots
- julienne sliced red and green peppers
- julienne sliced celery
- sugar snap peas
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- small clear acrylic disposable drinking glasses
First make the ranch dressing. In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, chives, parsley, dill, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper and cayenne. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Put a generous dollop of ranch dressing in the bottom of each cup. Arrange carrots, peppers, celery, and snap peas on top of the ranch dressing. Serve or refrigerate immediately.
Slow Cooker Chicken Barbecue Sliders
- 6 frozen skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (fresh chicken will also work well)
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce (I use Sweet Baby Ray’s)
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing (I use Good Seasons)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon molasses
Salt and pepper the chicken liberally. Place the chicken in the crockpot. Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl and pour over the chicken. Cook on high for 5-6 hours. Use two forks to shred the chicken. Serve on buns and garnish with a toothpick and a pickle slice.