Nancy and I have just returned from Haven, the Home/Lifestyle/DIY blogger’s conference in Atlanta and we are full t0 the brim with inspiration and ideas. We made lots of new connections, met some of our blogging idols and re-connected with some treasured friends in the blogging world.
When you go to these types of conferences it is always fun to connect with like-minded social media influencers on the newest and greatest platforms for reaching your tribe. Without a doubt, Periscope is the new next big thing. We were early adopters of Periscope, jumping in with our first broadcasts on DAY ONE of its launch. You can read our recommendations on getting started on Periscope HERE.
It was amazing within days of returning from the conference to find some of our favorite home bloggers on Periscope and broadcasting daily! Our phones starting getting so many Periscope notifications from our blogging friends we had to turn off the sounds.
We were honored to be able to debut the first Periscope broadcasts of Haven founder, Rhoda Vickers of Southern Hospitality Blog and KariAnne Wood of Thistlewood Farms. We also had fun broadcasting with Lucy Farmer and Sarah Roussos-Karakaian both of HGTV’s #BeachFlip, and it was also Sarah’s first Periscope! You can watch all of these below.
Home Bloggers on Periscope
If you are new to Periscope and need some people to follow, please follow @danatucker and @nancesense We also recommend following the people we are following. You can find that by clicking on our profiles. Below are a few of our friends from Haven and Home Bloggers on Periscope that you should follow as well.
- Dusty Rogers- @allthingsgd
- Gina- @ShabbyCreek
- Tanner Bell @TannerBell1023
- Kari Anne Wood- @ThistlewoodFarm
- Sarah Karakaian- @TheNeatNestr
- Ana White- @knockoffwood
- Layla Palmer- @LetteredCottage
- Rhoda Vickers- @SouthernRhoda
- Beth- @FFVFinds
- Lesley Clavijo- @ChaoticallyCrea
- Rosemary- @RosemaryNJPAP
- Carmen Johnston- @CarmenJohnston
- Lucy Farmer- @LucysInspired
- Beth Bryan| Unskinny Boppy @BethBryan
- Jenna- @rainonatinroof
Here are our top 5 ways in which we use Periscope in home lifestyle industry marketing:
- Connect with viewers locally and internationally. It’s exhilarating to be on a project and get a shout out from Dubai and Ireland! Be sure you ask your Periscope watchers to share their city.
- Live event coverage. At the Haven Conference, Country Living’s Fair and a ton of other places, colleagues, friends and new influencers have joined along our broadcasts. We either share live events or interview key participants to offer interesting content to our followers.
- Mini-news conferences announcing client projects. There are a lot of interesting projects which don’t garner as much attention in a busy news environment. We turn client news releases into a Periscope broadcast to add a voice and dimension to these news worthy moments.
- Capture Periscope video and repurpose to Youtube. Under Periscope settings, be sure you set your phone to autosave of all Periscope broadcasts. If you feel your interview or broadcast went well, upload to Youtube. We have created a channel within Forest Home Media just for Periscopes.
- Repurpose Periscope video for direct uploads to Facebook. Facebook loves original video. We load to our client Facebook pages and to Forest Home Media.
Periscope is an emerging technology. From casual conversations and home tours with friends to utilizing as a tool for company announcements, it is a fun game-changer. How are you using Periscope to promote your blog or business? We’d love to hear from you!